We can be curious of the past and curious about the future, but to be curious of the NOW is where the power of consciousness and love resides.
A girl’s first blood and a woman’s experience of “the change” are 2 aspects of Women’s Transformational Rites of Passage. So too is every single blood cycle in a woman’s life.
As women, each month (or thereabouts) the experience of our blood cycle changes with age, after birth, miscarriage and termination. Our experience also varies according to what we have experienced in the weeks leading up to blood.
A lot of women see their blood as a dreaded curse, unclean and inconvenient, so they deny, hide or stop their blood.
Some women crave sex and remain sexually active while bleeding.
Some women practice sexual self-containment at this time, not from a place of guilt or shame, rather from psychic, Tantric / Taoist perspective.
Very few women know how to practice high magic of healing and manifestation with their blood.
Awareness is growing that during our sacred blood, women release psychic toxicity and emotional charge that has accumulated in their receptive wombs.
I have heard of some women that haven’t bleed for years and as they being to work on clearing their ancestral line, their blood starts up again to assist with this.
Our bodies are such incredible things and we all hold the medicine inside us.
While we are cleansing and releasing during our blood, we are also more “sensitive and absorbent” to our environment.
It is a magical time to connect with Divine Sources and heighten our psychic abilities.
Ok, so what about when we are in it? Deep in our blood cycle and we are more ‘sensitive’, our emotions are running high or low, our insecurity and doubt runs rampant, we crave for lover’s touch, care and attention and we still ‘have to’ participate in family, work responsibilities and demands.
We can’t stop life just so we can blood flow, right?
My current blood cycle is what I call ‘a strong one’.
I feel like a dying cat, wondering if I will come back.
By this I mean I have been in a deep struggle of allowing myself to rest, let go, surrender and trust, verses get on with it, see clients, still write, promote, clean the house, get the job done, just do it.
A few days ago I fell into the emotional pit, crying for no obvious reason. Well, I do know why really. I still expect myself to be “functional” and I overwhelm myself with things that at other times are easy. I forget to trust my blood flow, to bask in the mystery of the unseen and unknown.
I know all these things, yet I still seem to struggle to be with what replenishes me.I dance with the dark and light of Sacred Blood, as they are both valuable aspects of life. Even while my little mind wants this or that to happen, I acknowledge something greater is happening that I cannot see yet.
I do love the ideal that I am a beautiful and powerful woman able to rest in the void so I may rebirth with grace, majesty and power. Living this is not so easy, or so it seems.
Still, I stand true in my curiosity to discover the secrets of Sacred Blood and how to harness it's power.
1. I am curious to explore and immerse myself in honouring my sacred, magical blood cycle.
2. I gift myself the time and space to be alone, or with supportive sisters to let myself fall apart and I gradually implement the changes in my life that I need for this to be so.
3. My sacred blood is my monthly transformational rite of passage. It is the liminal, crazy, and hallucinatory void, as well as a profoundly magical, dreaming potential for divine manifestation.
4. I let go of my attachment to needing myself to perform tasks & perceived demands during my sacred blood. Instead I choose to attach to Divine Sources via being in nature, singing, drumming, dancing and self-devotional, cleansing practices.
5. My Sacred Blood knows what to flush and squeeze out for me to birth anew as a replenished, revitalised woman full to overflowing with Love for all that I am and all that I do.
6. I live life to fullest potential in the spaces between my sacred blood, so I can rest in & enjoy the fullest potential of the void.
Love Shantell Shakti